Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 80 - Hmmm......

Well, I wish I had something to report, but I don't. It seems that work on our home has ground to a halt exactly 2 weeks before our final walk through. We've talked to both the PM and SR to express our very deep concern. In fact I've now called and shown up several times to remind them that we have movers, deliveries, utilities, and vacations planned around our close date and if it changes they will not be getting anywhere near the maximum on the survey Ryan sends out. More work has been done on our neighbors home which is scheduled to close after ours, which is deeply disappointing.

Still to be done, our tile isn't finished, its not grouted in the kitchen, powder room, entry, or guest bath. It isn't installed in the master bath or the basement powder room, the back splash isn't in because the counter hasn't arrived. The basement is still in the process of being dry walled and finished, it hasn't even gotten its first coat of paint or base board. The garage is not dry walled. All of the plumbing and electrical fixtures need to be installed. The porch pillars have been sitting for over a week, and the railings and steps need to go in. In fact our porch is lacking support on the left side and you can see that its started to sag, this has really pissed me off. The driveway hasn't been installed, and the landscaping needs completed.

On a side note the crew they have doing the tile work seems flaky at best. What should have been a 2-3 day job has now extended more than a week. I installed quite a bit of tile in our last home, its not time consuming or difficult work to put tile floor in. Really not sure what the crew is doing that is taking so damn long to complete.

The PM also has to fix the issues that are glaring, an electrical outlet partially behind the guest bath mirror, several dry wall defects, the person who stained our banister (which looks like it was done by a 5 year old) spilled the stain on to our kitchen cabinets.

The process is already 10 days behind schedule and Lesa and I feel that it will slip further behind. One of my biggest pet peeves is time management, I do it for a living. I'm held to task when I give a date and regardless of the obstacles it is a point of pride that I deliver on or before the date I gave. I really hope that holds true for Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment